Re: PUCCINI

In a message dated 5/4/2005 7:25:03 PM Central Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:

TB, Ghio, '99.  Different.  It wasn't so much the purple lines confined to
the center of the falls as it was the delicate orange edge on the standards
and stylearms that made it very different from other things growing here.
The same color as can be seen on the shoulders here, but hard to see
otherwise in the photo.

I am particularly interested in irises that have similar "edges". I've not noticed that edge on Puccini here. Certainly I will be checking the blooms tomorrow.

Your calling this to my attention is appreciated.

As a point in passing, Quandary also sometimes has a similar edge.

Smiles,
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Links