PHOTO] HIST: better pix of unknown brown

  • Subject: PHOTO] [iris-photos] HIST: better pix of unknown brown
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 09:16:12 -0400

Linda, that definitely looks like it predates ARGUS PHEASANT.  From the form
and some other subtle qualities it is pretty obviously a descendant, at
least to my eye, of the Ramese/Prairie Sunset line of development.  That
probably accounts for the successful and happy survival of the cv in your

There were a lot of this sort I never grew, as I was picking up mostly West
Coast and Utah originations in the browns and brown-blends.  This isn't one
of them, to my notion.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever run across a photo of GOLDEN RUSSET?
This probably is not what yours is, but the name popped into my head from
some connection I can't point to, just an intuitive leap.

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains

Yahoo! Groups Links