Re: Re: HIST:unknown bronze

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: HIST:unknown bronze
  • From: bdavis3738@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 09:57:40 EDT

Good Morning Linda,
Have you considered Ginger which is a Schreiner's intro from the 1950's?  I am at work now so I don't have a picture to send.  We have grown this iris in our family for a long time.  It was the first iris that came to mind when I saw your picture.  It usually opens a little darker but them quickly fades a bit in the sun to match what your picture was showing. That is a t least it did that down in Texas.  I just recently received a piece of it from my mother and it will bloom for the first time( I hope) here this spring.
Just a thought. Hope it helps
Brian Davis
Champaign, Illinois

Yahoo! Groups Links