TB Newbie!

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB Newbie!
  • From: "Vicki Gatling" vgatling@cnbcom.net
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 18:59:56 -0500

Hello Fellow Iris Lovers,
    My name is Johnette and I live near Dallas, Texas. What "zone" does that make me, 7, 8??   I'm a newcomer to the Iris world and loving every minute of it!  Except for one little problem that seems to be a similar problem others are having with misnamed/mislabeled plants.  Of the 180 varieties I planted last fall, (my first Iris garden!!) seems at least 100 of them aren't what the descriptions say!!  I'm hoping for help identifying these, as you all are so knowledgeable!!   I was so careful to label each root stock as it was dug and maintain my records, I don't know what went wrong!!  Seems the Iris Fairies played a mean trick on me!!   Any suggestions of names be will be appreciated, at least that will give me a place to start looking.
    I think the following picture is PRIVATE DANCER and it might be right.  Can anyone verify it for me?? Is this PD, for REAL??!!!  Thanks in advance for the info and help!!  Johnette Woods

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image