Re: SDB: Yo-Yo

At 11:31 AM 5/3/2005, Carlos wrote:

>Here is Yo-Yo (Schreiner 1978).  The photo does not do it justice and was
>very difficult to get the correct coloring.

I have an SDB with roughly similar coloring that I've taken with me through
several moves.  It's hearty and healthy here in NYC, even in a bed that's
full of silver maple roots; I divided it two years ago when it became
crowded and I got blooms from every division that spring and this one.  But
I think the "Little Episode" marker next to it may have been added after
the fact, because I seem to remember planting "Banbury Ruffles". Is there
any way to distinguish between "Banbury Ruffles", "Little Episode", and
"Yo-Yo"?  Beard color, maybe?

Yahoo! Groups Links