Re: Re: TB: Ivory Way

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Ivory Way
  • From: "Lottie Doyle" pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 22:42:17 -0500

Yes Donald, it opened Thursday morning after getting 2 1/2 inches of rain on Wednesday. I wish I could have shared about half of that with you because this rocky soil doesn't retain anything over 1/2 inch anyway.
I got Ivory Way in the "Big Dig" two summers ago.  It was one of the few that didn't bloom the first year but it made up for it with increase. I have found that the ones that bloom the first season usually skip the next season for me and the ones that wait a year come back stronger. All of mine grow under oak trees. The only spot I have that isn't shaded is the driveway. I have two more TB's  with buds that haven't bloomed yet this year and I found a bud on the siberian yesterday, then my iris season will be over. The TB's are Tiger Honey and the Noid we sorta identified as Strange Brew from the "Big Dig". It bloomed earlier last year and didn't get as tall. I think it will reach at least 40" this year. The siberian is Gull's Wing which was a bonus with the Spuria I ordered in 2003.