Re: SEAKIST & luminata genotype/phenotype

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SEAKIST & luminata genotype/phenotype
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 22:50:02 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Sat, 7 May 2005 22:50:03 -0600

This seems like an interesting case.  There is no anthocyanin of notice on the standards, but the falls look luminata-ish, like a luminata/plicata, or is that fancy plicata.
I probably haven't been paying close enough attention, but are there any luminatas with standards that lack anthocyanin pigmentation?  I know it occurs in plicatas.  I know of others that are similar to 'Seakist' that are perhaps a bit closer to looking luminata (weaker striping on the haft or almost white falls), but none that are all the way there.  'Clarence', 'Fuji's Mantle',  'Mission Ridge', and 'Starship Enterprise' come to mind.
On a different but related vein; there are a few yellows, like 'Buttered Popcorn' that remind me of luminatas.  Is there a connection?

Yahoo! Groups Links