Re: Luminata genotype/phenotype

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Luminata genotype/phenotype
  • From: "irischap" irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 02:37:45 -0000

The ground colours seem to be any pigment not effected by plicata
genes. I will post a very interesting picture. Actually I tried to
post but it never got here so I will repost.
Usually ground colour is a cartenoid pigment but I suspect it also can
be the yellow flavanoid.
The picture with the lighter colours has a touch of anthocyanin mixed
with pink. I would like to see a close up of the petal colour to
comment further.

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, petalpusherpaul@a... wrote:

> In a message dated 5/8/2005 12:05:40 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> irischapman@n... writes:
>
> More  confusion for all those folks already struggling with plicata
 genetics.

> Thanks for the thoughts on genetics...Just wanted  to let you know
that your
> work and thoughts posted here do not go unnoticed or  "over my head"
 I may
> not be able to write or recite the information, but  it is sinking
in and being
> understood on many levels...
>     Now I have a question if you would.  Ground  color on a
plicata....Mainly
> the yellow and pink tones....like those posted on  some of my most
recent
> postings.  What are your thoughts on that....?   Glaciata
expressions?  I'll post
> a few pics so others won't feel left out  on this Iris Photo...  :)
  Paul