Re: Luminata genotype/phenotype

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Luminata genotype/phenotype
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:38:52 -0400

A lot of plicata with dots have dots between veins, and some are on veins.  I
suspect that it could be related to luminata gene but havn't sorted that out
yet, still part of the puzle.
There are 15 plicata genotypes, before we start considering pigment
interaction. Then we are into at least a three dimentional punnett square.
Now add the area of pattern, centre of not centre of flower involved in
pattern, and you have four dimentions to work with. Comes closer to
explaining plicata patterns but if you think about it for too long you get a
headache (personal experience)

Chuck Chapman

From: petalpusherpaul@aol.com
Subject: Re: Luminata genotype/phenotype

In a message dated 5/9/2005 10:38:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,