Re: HYB: [should have read HYB: SB 08-1]

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: [should have read HYB: SB 08-1]
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 23:30:15 -0400

Vicki, it is a seedling from Jersey Bounce X Crazy for You.  Thank you for
your comment on "elegant."  It is, rather, isn't it!

It is impossible to tell from this year's bloom about height and bud-count,
as the stalk was damaged in the winter by weather, damaged this spring by
frost, and broken by hard wind gusts a couple weeks ago, so this is the only
surviving bud from the stalk.  Rather than being over-grown, as it would
have been if it had been the sole survivor from the frosts alone, I think it
is probably about normal.  The bloom was larger than average for this year,
but that was expected from the cross.

I am hoping for good branching and high bud count, as Keppel's Jersey Bounce
is outstanding in this regard.  I'm not sure about Crazy for You's count.

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains