RE: Subject: Fancy Plicata...Re: 1901-2 N

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: Subject: Fancy Plicata...Re: 1901-2 N
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 23:29:28 -0400

I have identified that luminata-plicatas,  formerly known as fancies, are 1/4
luminata, 1/4 regular plicata and 1/2 glaciata.  See Tan Lines.
I susspect when we change the ratios we get different patterns and some may
be similar in appearances. Also remember luminata-plicatas have anthocyanin
and pattern in centre of falls, same genotype without pattern in centre of
falls will have a different phenotype.

A luminata-plicata X glaciata should give half luminatas and half regular
plicatas  with SDB, with TBs will give 1/6 glaciata, 1/6 luminata-plicata,
1/3 regular plicata, 1/3 luminatas. This is including both centre and rim
patterns. We may not recognize the genotypes in the different configuration

Chuck Chapman

Message: 1