Re: HYB:R-14-6

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] HYB:R-14-6
  • From: Patricia Wenham h.schinkep@verizon.net
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 05:35:46 -0700

I am not sure how well the colors are coming through on my screen but I think I see a very blue beard and falls darker than the standards also a bit more ruffling in standards than falls, is this correct?  It is indeed a great blossom and I would love to see it in my garden.  The lighter color around the beard really makes the beard stand out beautifully.  Congratulations on producing this one.

USDA zone 5 arid central WA state.

Neil A Mogensen wrote:
R-14-6: Fogbound X Power Woman
This is drastically undergrown, inadequate lime and nutrition, so I expect a well-grown clump of this will be wider, fuller and more ruffled, judging by the behavior of other seedlings transplanted from this bed.  I'm not complaining about what I'm seeing here, however.
Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains