Is there a name for this color pattern?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Is there a name for this color pattern?
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 10:48:10 -0700 (PDT)

This diploid seedling is from cengialtii X 'Clown
Pants'. I don't think it's a luminata since the veins
are pigmented (not pale). But the center of the flower
(especially the style arms) is very light, and the
pigment darkens toward the edges of the falls and
standards. It's more of a wash than a plicata.
For contrast, I've included a picture of a sibling
that has more even coloration. I like the siblings
form better, but the light color of the first one is
more interesting.

Is there a name for this color pattern?

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail