Re: HYB: [Gerry Snyder]

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: [Gerry Snyder]
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:29:25 -0400

Gerry, I appreciate your comments, both on the flower and the photograph.

I really can't take much credit for either, however, as the hands of Barry
Blyth and Keith Keppel both were involved in generating the seeds and
shipping them to me, then I grew the plant.

As to the photo, I think the credit belongs to Nikon more than to me.  This
camera (an already somewhat dated CoolPix 5000) has incredible features that
tend to overwhelm me.  The autofocus and white-light controls are on the
chips inside, even though I can shift to manual control.  So far I haven't.

The only colors it belies are the violet and brick-toned red seedlings.
They come off looking warmer and redder than they are in life.

The shot of the dark purple is lighter than the flower in life.  It  is
actually a couple shades richer than the photo, but the camera brought the
color balance up a ways, which does show more detail but isn't quite true to
life.

The white one form Jersey Bounce X Crazy For You actually looks like the
flower in the garden on my monitor.  That bloom went through a hail storm
with heavy rains, then lasted a total of four days.  That's unusual here.

Thanks again,
Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4 western NC mountains