Re: HYB: [Gerry Snyder]

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: [Gerry Snyder]
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerry.snyder@comcast.net
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 10:49:46 -0700

Neil A Mogensen wrote:
> Gerry, I appreciate your comments, both on the flower and the photograph.
> I really can't take much credit for either, however, as the hands of Barry
> Blyth and Keith Keppel both were involved in generating the seeds and
> shipping them to me, then I grew the plant.

There are many tens of thousands of iris seeds produced each year. It
takes a trained eye to recognize the good ones. You did.
> As to the photo, I think the credit belongs to Nikon more than to me.

It's a Japanese iris?   <LOL>

Anyhow, let's await the onslought of pix from those able to make it to
St. Louis.

Gerry Snyder
American Iris Society Director, Symposium Chair
in warm, winterless Los Angeles -- USDA zone 9b, Sunset 18-19

Yahoo! Groups Links