Re: SDB seedling: Blue Bearded Burgundy

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] SDB seedling: Blue Bearded Burgundy
  • From: willwarner@alltel.net
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:23:54 -0500

Very nice Sterling.  Love those blue beards and that blue flash. Those
purple/wine colors are really hard to photograph.  If this one is still in
the IB class, that would be fine with me.  I actually prefer IB's and MTBs to
SDB's, SDB's get their flowers stuck in the weeds if I don't keep the bed
cleaned out.  There just something I really like about IB's.  Keep up the
great work. Will W.
> From: Sterling Okase <sterling_o@yahoo.com>
> Date: 2005/05/20 Fri AM 08:32:45 CDT
> To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [iris-photos] SDB seedling: Blue Bearded Burgundy

Yahoo! Groups Links

Hi everyone,
This is one of my seedings from a cross with Chanted a
couple of years ago. The color of the photo is a
little off. It is more of a dark burgundy-wine color
with a deep blue beard and a blue flash on the fall.
Very striking color combo. Very round and very ruffled
form. It has 4 buds and grows moderately well but the
leaves are wide and clubby and is growing out of class
this year. There always seems to be something wrong
with my seedlings.

Seattle WA. zone 8

Yahoo! Mail