TB: HYB: Repeat bloom on Seedlings

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: HYB: Repeat bloom on Seedlings
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 22:13:20 -0700

I have had several of my first bloom seedlings put up rebloom stalks.  On some of these the rebloom flowers are different from the first bloom.  I will post three sets of these showing the differences.  Will the second flowers be most like those seen in subsequent years?

The first is my favorite seedling for this year.  Stalks and bud count were good.  The clump is vigorous.  It bloomed three stalks in March, followed by one in late April.  The early blossoms were a bright lilac pink.  The late ones were light purple.  I sure like the first ones better.  The first picture was taken March 28; the second, April 27.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image

JPEG image