[iris-photo]HYB:Color & form variations

  • Subject: [iris-photos] [iris-photo]HYB:Color & form variations
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:03:59 EDT

In a message dated 5/21/2005 6:11:28 A.M. Central Standard Time, lmann@volfirst.net writes:
I'm seeing similar differences in seedling (re)bloom between late last
fall and this spring.
I'll give you another example of differences. (Didn't think to take pictures. )
Gilded Cream.  Bloomed several stalks on plants set last fall. Gorgeous.  I took one to the show in St. Louis.
Gilded Cream.  Older planting on the other side of the garden.  Pretty but not as pretty and different.
Gilded Cream.  Later stalks from the first bunch (last years transplants)!  UGLY!  Narrow and old form!  Reminds me of some seedlings I threw away because they looked just like this.  Maybe I was too quick to trash them?
I'm itching to trash some first year stuff, but with so many variations year to year, do I dare?  I've seen them get better and I've seen them get worse.
But we can't keep them forever.

Yahoo! Groups Links