Re: Re: Jan's NOID yellow iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Jan's NOID yellow iris
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 18:59:39 -0700 (PDT)

It isn't the hot climates so much as the lack of cold weather in the winter.  The last few years we have rarely even reached 32.  Most nights in December are in the low 60's, in January into the high 50's.  February is similiar.  We have had Decembers where every day reached a high of at least 80 and nights never dropped below 65.
10 years ago we would have several nights go down to the high 20's and low 30's.  Just doesn't seem to happen any more.  The SDBs and the MTBs seem to need that cold to bloom well.

slengst@aol.com wrote:
That is certainly very close.  The only differences I see is that your's has a full while stripe down the middle while mine has just a start.  Also, it looks like yours has yellow beards and mine is pretty much white.
I was unaware that the SDB's did not grow well in hot climates.  That's a shame.
Thanks for your efforts,

Discover Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups Links