RE: HYB:Ugliest so far

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] HYB:Ugliest so far
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 16:54:00 -0400

"Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net> wrote:

>On Iris-talk we were joking about names, and I said I had a seedling that
>was about the ugliest Iris I'd ever seen.  Now I have three of them, but
>this takes the prize.

Sorry, but this doesn't come close to the one I dubbed the "Wet Kleenex".
Promising bud color, but faded too quickly and had very poor substance.

Disappointments like this are part of hybridizing and the next generation of
hybridizers needs to know that.  Thank you for sharing.

Sharon McAllister

Yahoo! Groups Links