RE: HYB: R 16-9(photo included)

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] HYB: R 16-9(photo included)
  • From: "Harold Peters" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 19:26:00 -0700

Linda and Neil

Within the limits of my memory, I have been to an AIS judges' training that
clarified the moral aspect of "haft marks". They are good if they contribute
to the beauty of the bloom. I like the R 16-9 haft marks and would acquire
it the second or third year after introduction. I have seen ugly 1950 haft
marks on 2000+ introductions. I have a rather low opinion of the hybridizer
as I consider those haft marks as fatal for introduction.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762