RE: Re: HYB: R 16-9(photo included)

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: R 16-9(photo included)
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 00:20:18 -0400

"Christopher Darlington" <chrisdarlington@videotron.ca> wrote:

>These are strong words.  How about having a low opinion for the
>hybridizer's tastes regarding a specific introduction rather than a
>low opinion of the hybridizer.
>
>Chris

That's a diplomatic way of putting it.  There are certain hybridizers, whom I
choose not to name, with tastes so different from mine that I've decided not
to use their introductions in hybridizing.

If some of those things had turned up in my seedling patch, they would have
been consigned to the arroyo!  Yet, I'm sure there are some who would say the
same thing about some of my own introductions.

There must be room for differing tastes in the iris world, but a hybridizer
with consistently bad judgment isn't going to last long unless he/she has
very deep pockets.

Sharon McAllister