Re: haft marks (was HYB: R 16-9

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: haft marks (was HYB: R 16-9
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 07:40:47 -0400

Thanks Harold.  Since I'm just a dauber & grower, not a judge, my view
doesn't mean much, but it seems to me that  beauty is very much in the
eye of the beholder.

Case in point - you think the hafty seedling is beautiful, I don't.  But
I don't have a low opinion of the hybridizer! <g>

I save my grumpy opinion for performance in my garden. No complaints
this year.

<They are good if they contribute
                   to the beauty of the bloom. I like the R 16-9 haft
marks and would acquire
                   it the second or third year after introduction. I
have seen ugly 1950 haft
                   marks on 2000+ introductions. I have a rather low
opinion of the hybridizer
                   as I consider those haft marks as fatal for

                   Harold Peters
                   Beautiful View Iris Garden>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links