Re: 3 more diploids: Romeo, Lorely, and (Vibrant Rose X Clown Pants)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: 3 more diploids: Romeo, Lorely, and (Vibrant Rose X Clown Pants)
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 05:10:48 -0700 (PDT)

Donald,
Thanks. I've been fascinated too.
I haven't noticed variation in the substance, but it
hadn't occurred to me to look for that. There has been
so much variation in form and color that I've been
focused on those. Now that I think about it, I do
recall some standards being more floppy and others
more rigid. Some of that could be form-related. But I
would think, that it would have something to do with
substance differences also.
And what should I call these irises? I've been unsure.
I've been told it's up to the hybridizer. So I
registered 'Clown Pants' as SPEC-X, but I'll probably
try to fit any more advanced generations into one of
the other classes. They're seeming to span a range of
heights, flower sizes and bloom seasons that covers
from SDB to TB.
Tom