HYB: TB: New Seedling with haft marks

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: TB: New Seedling with haft marks
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:00:26 -0700

There has been a discussion of the pros and cons of haft marks.  I’ve seen ugly haft marks that detract from an iris blossom.  I’ve seen others that I think add to its beauty and distinction.  This seedling is one of my favorites of this years crop.  It is from Orange Plume X Betty Dunn.  I never realized that OP is a plicata until I read about it.  It shows no obvious plicata marks.  Its influence demonstrates it in this seedling however.  I think the streaks contribute something to the blossom.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image