RE: Re: haft marks

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Re: haft marks
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:19:22 -0400

"donald" <donald@eastland.net> wrote:

>Chris,
>
>> Gold of Ophir is a 1/4 right ?
>
>Probably not, IMO.  The parent names were lost in a fire and are given
>as only 'Eupogocyclus hybrid X Tall Bearded'.  My own guess is
>probably 1/8.  The seedling number Austin gave was Ob-41.

In his system, the Ob prefix for a seedling number meant that he considered
it an oncobred even though he registered it as a TB under the rules of the
time.  It has been many years since I've seen GOLD OF OPHIR, but from the
type of wash on the falls I strongly suspect it would classify as a 1/4-bred
in today's system.

Sharon McAllister