Re: Seedling #23BS7

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Seedling #23BS7
  • From: "Cordesview" cordesview@m33access.com
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:24:52 -0400

Bob, totally beautiful!  And you can take that from a luminata lover!

I'd say your parenthesis were in the right spot.  Ditto Harold's e-mail.

About those haft marks/luminata veins.  The way I understand it, if the iris has a white "V" mark around the beards, and then the veins radiate out from that point to the edge of the falls, you have a luminata.  I also understand that since you are the hybridizer, you can register it as you want -- either fancy plicata or a luminata.  Taken that you have a luminata in the direct parentage (High Master as a pod parent), you can probably refer to this seedling as a luminata.  (I would!)

Anyone else have comments?

Again, what a beautiful seedling, Bob!

Adam~

Adam Cordes