SHOW: TCIS Queen of the Show

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] SHOW: TCIS Queen of the Show
  • From: pvanconant@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 09:30:50 EDT

Our annual Tri County Iris Society show was held yesterday, in Lansing, MI.

The flowers are late blooming this year, but entries were more varied, as there were still a few SDB's, and plenty of IB, BB, MTB's that could be shown.

Many folks were lamenting that they had very few TB's that were ready, but still an impressive number of varieties to please the eyes and nose!

Lots of artistic designs and WHOA the number of junior designers was impressive!

Queen of the Show:
Dakota Moon, a Schreiners 1992 introduction
shown by D. K. Weaver:

The Queens court consisted of:

Swingtown, shown by B. Brochu

Habit, shown by P. VanConant

Five O'Clock World, shown by P. VanConant

Superstition, shown by M. Bartel

Raspberry Frills, shown by M. Bartel

Stepping Out, shown by D. K. Weaver

This was my first show and I was totally blown away that I placed 2 specimens in the Queens Court.  I had 2 others, Elainealope & Master Touch, that were considered but put back.

Of course I saw a couple of cultivars that I can't live without and hope to obtain these this fall!  Several club members requested to do some exchanges for Elainealope and Habit.  (Hope I have enough to go around!)

Pat VanConant
Holt, MI
zone 5