HYB: Standards

  • Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: Standards
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 10:45:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Will,
Thanks for checking the data base. But I was just
kidding. I think this seedling is hideous. Poor form,
poor growth, poor branching. Not to mention, it's not
consistent, all the flowers are missing things.

Anyway, to add to the conversation about Codicil. I
too have bloomed quite a number of seedlings using
Codicil as a parent and so far only produced one
seedling with a black beard. I thought perhaps I
should have gotten more seedlings with black beards
but thought perhaps since I was using tetraploid
medians that maybe that might have had something to do
with the low results. But looks like everyone else
that's used Codicil is seeing the same thing.

Sterling
Seattle, WA. zone8

-- willwarner@alltel.net wrote:

> Hello Sterling, I just checked the namelist
> database.  When I did a search
> for "standards." The only results were Double
> Standards and High
> Standards.  I think No Standards Whatsoever is a
> great name.  The
> filename says codicil.  If that's the parent,  I'm
> surprised the beards
> aren't darker.  By the look of that other bud, it
> might not have standards
> either.  Definately neat.
> Cya Will W.
>

> > From: Sterling Okase <sterling_o@yahoo.com>
> > Date: 2005/05/28 Sat PM 07:34:20 CDT
> > To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [iris-photos] Sdlg: No Standards

Here is a wierd seedling that opened up today. It has
really odd horns and no standards.

So... do you think "No Standards Whatsoever" has
already been taken?

Sterling
Seattle, WA. zone 8

http://mail.yahoo.com