Re: BB: Pink Reprise/Violet Shimmer

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] BB: Pink Reprise/Violet Shimmer
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 15:24:23 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/2005 12:36:54 PM Central Daylight Time, hensler@povn.net writes:

My favorites are Ascii Art
(TB) and a little AB doll called Ode to Kalifa.

Ascii Art is a performer here too. I've not grown his AB Ode to Kalifa but hope to at some point.

Best of all Moores here (maybe)? Violet Shimmer! I grow it in three different locations, from full shade to near full sun. It does grow slower in shade. Still, I do not recall a single stalk that did not have 3 blooms open at a time in any of those three locations, nor a stalk less than 3/4 inches in diameter at the base, nor a stalk without impeccable branching.

One stalk of Violet Shimmer had six blooms open properly spaced! That is unprecedented here for an iris. One of the blooms barely held through the day at 87 degrees.

Smiles,
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Links