Re: CULT: red amoena

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] CULT: red amoena
  • From: "jgcrump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 19:05:26 -0400

Annette  --  If you're referring to the photo that I posted on Saturday (attached, but smaller), I can only guess that you find the yellow flush at the base of the white standards incompatible with the term "amoena".  (Your second message, "Now this IS an amoena.", came without a photo, so I don't know what you're offering as a comparison.)   I myself am partial to the pure white standards found mostly in recessive amoenas, and would prefer this one without the yellow flush.  But there it is.  Nonetheless, the standards are white, albeit with a yellow flush, so I think the flower is appropriately described as an amoena.  --  Griff