Re: I. aphylla "Lady Phyllis"

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] I. aphylla "Lady Phyllis"
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 06:06:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

Okay, I found my answer. I thought I should post it.
I. aphylla 'Lady Phyllis' is a typo on the picture
page. It should have read I. pallida 'Lady Phyllis
Moore'. I read the article written by Clive Russell of
England and he mentioned that I. pallida 'Lady Phyllis
Moore' is an unregistered hybrid. So the mystery of it
being aphylla is put to rest but the question still
remains. Is I. pallida 'Lady Phyllis Moore' and what
we grow as Clematis one and the same. Nowhere in the
article is Clematis ever mentioned and he had a pretty
extensive list of flatties. Does anyone know if Clive
Russell has an email. I would love to email him with
my pictures and compare a few notes.

Sterling
Seattle, WA. zone 8