Re: Strange BATIK bloom

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Strange BATIK bloom
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 18:37:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Cheryl,

Try counting beards to help determine how many are falls and the others are standards or styles.

Jan in San Fernando

Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin <clc@cherylleigh.com> wrote:
Hi, all,

I was on "no mail" for a while but decided to rejoin the list. I have not
had a great bloom season but I have had some garden weirdness. I have white
and blue (they look purple to me, but they're called Zwanenberg's <sp> Blue)
tradescantia growing under a lilac and near some irises. They're nice clumps
except for one spindly bit growing where I had not planted it- looks like it
is IN a clump of STELLAR LIGHTS. Today it flowered, and the flower is
lavender.

I had a TIGER HONEY bloom with one fall that was half brown and half broken
color.

Today I found this. I counted four falls and four standards but my mom
thought she saw five.

Cheryl Leigh

Do You Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links