Re: TB RE Seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB RE Seedling
  • From: Laurie Frazer lauriefr@localnet.com
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 15:47:14 -0500

On Apr 27, 2006, at 11:53 AM, <orders@suttoniris.com> wrote:

I try not to post too many first year seedlings but once in a while a great one pops up and it has to be posted.  Attached is one coming out next year, just a normal spring only iris.  Unfortunately it is not a very good picture due to strong winds, falls are a bit wider and more uniform.  personally really like the standards.  7 to 9 buds, thick stalks.  No name yet.  Sib to IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Mike Sutton

I try to avoid looking at TB pics, since so many of them can't hack it here in my garden. Not only that, but I'm not a big fan of yellow tones. This one, though, caught my eye in a BIG way. Absolutely gorgeous, Mike.

I looked at the standards and thought, "butter melting over popcorn." Then I looked at the falls and thought, "suede". Hot Buttered Suede? Hot Buttered Rum makes more sense, though the falls aren't quite dark enough to pull it off.

normal annual precipitation 26-27"