Re: HYB: TB: Seedling with rounded falls

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: TB: Seedling with rounded falls
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 12:54:43 -0000

Griff,

>   --  Thanks for giving us the ID for this.  I don't remember
whether
> it came along with LADY FRIEND intentionally or by chance,

An accident, but I knew it was a possibility.  A case of two
cultivars growing well and sharing space before they got lifted and
separated.  For an iris grower, it's a good reason to never plant
look alikes next to each other unless you are trying to ID an
unknown.  I don't know about other folks, but sometimes I don't get
to rearranging what's growing soon enough and, even with sufficient
spacing to begin with, iris clumps can - and do - intermingle those
rhizomes all too easily over time.

> A day lily fancier who comes by annually to view my irises
> picked it out from clear across the yard.

That's interesting.  SHINING WATERS has a whole different feel in
bloom than those of more recent vintage.  In a way, the airier
effect could be thought of as similar to effect of some daylilies
when they bloom.

Donald

Yahoo! Groups Links