Re: Full open 1901-3DD pink ground

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Full open 1901-3DD pink ground
  • From: petalpusherpaul@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 16:06:14 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/2006 3:55:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net writes:

You might try crossing this with Lonely Hearts.  It’s a pink ground plicata.  I had hoped to use it with my pink plicata line, but it was so short (never bloomed above the fans) and so short of buds in my garden this spring that I just couldn’t bring myself to use it.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Sorry Francelle, that doesn't sound like something that would do well in my garden either.  Even things that are great in other places, don't do so hot here.....I've got another line that is showing the pink ground so I think that I'll stick to using that ....I did get Paul Blacks
First Page last year and it is about to bloom.  It has been noted by him to have wonderful success in breeding and has a tall stalk for me, ready to bloom in a day or so.....I also have so little room, I have to chuck many things worth growing just to allow for more seedlings....;)  Paul