Re: Re: HYB: TB: Eaves "Schreiner blues" #10

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: TB: Eaves "Schreiner blues" #10
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 08:14:59 -0500

I receive direct e-mail and didn't receive it. Here is a reason Yahoo group posts aren't getting through that was posted on alnother list.

From Yahoo as to why we're not receiving mail....in Yahoo Groups.

Hi Folks,Should have posted this earlier, but I wanted to let everyone know That we are aware of the delays in email delivery that are affecting Many groups right now. The problem is not related to any of the Database and hardware work we were doing earlier in the year. Rather, the primary cause is the "My Wife virus (http://vil.nai.Com/vil/content/v_138027.htm ), which has caused a Huge spike in the number of emails sent to Yahoo! Groups. This spike Has gone beyond the capacity of our current systems to handle, which Is causing the delays in email delivery. We have already taken two steps to address the issue, which has Begun to reduce the number of delays: - We are dropping (I.e. Not delivering) all outgoing email that Includes the virus (in other words, we are not sending infected Messages to groups).- We have added additional server capacity And we are planning to increase that capacity even more. However, Until the virus has fully played itself out or more ISPs have taken Steps to reduce the amount of email they are sending to us (by Dropping messages that contain the virus rather than forcing us to Do it), there may continue to be some delays. Our apologies for any inconvenience.- GordonYahoo! Groups Team

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS