Re: archives

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: archives
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 13:41:15 -0400

Steven - all of the messages posted here in the photos group and in the
companion iris discussion group are stored at Hort net (see the links
below my signature).

Hort net subscribes to the group the same as individuals do, and
sometimes it doesn't receive all the messages.  Once messages make it to
Hort.net, they can be searched and retrieved for viewing without having
to receive them by individual emails.

Some of us prefer to read archived messages at hort.net when we have
time rather than download them all as they are posted.  Makes it a
little bit more trouble to respond because addresses, text & subject
lines in reply messages have to be either typed or cut and pasted from
the archives into a new message.

Which is why my responses to posts often have much shorter subject lines
than the originals <g>  Also, long subject lines don't show up on the
index - just the first few words - about 40 characters.

I think there are quite a few folks who never post, are not subscribed
to either group, but read posts in the archives off and on.  Plus a few
like Donald and myself who only read from the archives, even tho we do
subscribe and post.

<Sorry, but what do you mean when you say "didn't make t to the
                   archives"?  >

-
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy technology. It's
free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM