Re: archives

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: archives
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 18:10:26 -0000

Steven,

To add to what Linda says there are two archives for iris-photos.
One is the Yahoo Group archives; then those that go to hort.net.
Yahoo archives do not store the photos, so it's useless if you want
to view anything, but any text is stored.  I view what is posted
through hort.net, but if I want to comment or respond to anything, I
log on to Yahoo with my ID and password and post via the Yahoo
archives.  By doing it that way, any message I'm responding to
follows the post - as here.  That makes it follow the thread which
is also a viewing option on hort.net.  As a member, your message
would be accepted just like any valid email address without logging
on.  There are three options on viewing the archives at hort.net -
date, thread and author.  If I want to go and view posting on a
subject, then having the threads together is useful.  Making sure
you haven't missed any recent posts that may follow a thread makes
the date option the best.  If you know someone has posted something
you want to view, then the author search will clump their posts
together.  I use all three at times, though 'date' is usually where
I go first.  I tend to read and view everything that's posted and
that ensures I don't overlook anything.

Hope this helps.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy technology. It's
free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM