Re: TB: ID help for Old Yellow NOID

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: ID help for Old Yellow NOID
  • From: Carlos Ayento brightonparkiris@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 10:37:17 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings Tom,
You yellow might be ROCKET by Agnes Whiting.  Introduced around 1943 I believe.

thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com> wrote:
Does anyone recognize this older TB? If it helps any,
it doesn't appear to have much if any PBF
(purple-based foliage), but the upper half of the
flower stalk is unusual, in that it is speckled with
purple pigment. I'll include a picture of the upper
flower stalk (on left in picture) compared to a normal
TB flower stalk (on right in picture).
Thanks in advance for any help.

Do You Yahoo!?