Re: Can Someone explain this?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Can Someone explain this?
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 17:34:17 -0500

Gertrude does go to seed occasionally.  She is still of the size that some bees must be able to self pollinate it.  Or perhaps the humming birds do it.  I see them in the iris off and on.  But this group of rhizomes have been growing for about seven years....so it is hard to tell.  I usually don't collect the seeds from her, since I do a lot of pod collecting from the newer iris that I cross.  So I suppose that is a possibility.
Linda
ps....send out your check for the postage yesterday...sorry so late!:)