First Bloom of the Season!

  • Subject: [iris-photos] First Bloom of the Season!
  • From: "Sheri" mnhop2@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 22:59:19 -0000

I know I know we ALL have first blooms... but this one followed a hail
storm the night before..that buried the grass in hail.  This is a
picture of a variety I picked up in a pot at Menards last summer when
they were clearing out their plants... It was cheap and the pot was
packed....I needed som border fillers for a new garden...

Can anyone tell me if this name actually exists... Woods purple/white.

I'ts a noid as far as I'm concerned but reminds me of Blue Pools.. its
around 12-15 inches tall....and blooming at the same time my other
dwarfs are getting ready to start.  If it was planted next to Blue
Pools in my garden, clump wise I wouldn't know the difference.. but
hey.. I bought it cuz it was cheap and pretty lookin on the picture so??

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/cielia/WoodsPrplWht.jpg
[/IMG]

Sheri in MN
zone 4a/3b