Re: First Bloom of the Season!

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] First Bloom of the Season!
  • From: appleb@cut.net
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:46:28 -0000

Very pretty iris, whatever it's called.  (Don't think there's a registered
iris named Wood's Purple/White; wasn't one as of a couple years ago.)

It's good to know I don't have the only sleepy garden.  While so many photos
of this year's irises were flowing through my inbox, there was still snow on
the ground here, and barely any evidence of irises.  Got my first bloom
(Vavoom) on Friday, the day before the Utah Iris Society show--even for Utah
this garden is late.  But the early bloomers here are first year plants, so
they might get ealier in coming years.  And taller--the SDBs are blooming
about 5" off the ground.

Kent
Sanpete County, Utah, zone 4/5, about 6,000 feet up

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM