SDB: Seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] SDB: Seedling
  • From: "Barb Johnson" barbjohnson_62@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 21:29:18 -0500

I had a lot of Marksman seedlings planted last fall, but only this one
bloomed this year. I really didn't want another orange one, and I wasn't
disappointed. Its daddy is unknown.

I love the bushy beard on this! Are there very many gold SDBs? This one was
12" tall, had nice branching, and 4 buds which all bloomed. I thought this
seemed like a lot of buds for an SDB so I'm definitely going to keep her
around for awhile and see what she does as a 2 year old.

Barb Johnson         mailto:barbjohnson_62@hotmail.com
Near Springfield, SW Missouri USA
USDA Zone 5b         AIS Region 18 (KS & MO)
Learn the natural way to health at: http://chetday.com
American Iris Society website: http://www.irises.org
iris-talk/Mallorn archives: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/
iris-photos/Mallorn archives: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/