Re: HYB: question - pigment

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: question - pigment
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 16:23:42 -0400

I'm replying from digest, I  havn't seen picture

Try the Tangerine test. Tht is place a fall, or at least the beard
portion in alcohol, and shake.
Remove beard(or fall)
If remaining pigment in beard is pink, then you have tangerine factor.

Harvest of Memories only has to have one tangerine gene to produce a tt
gamete. Marvels of tetraploid  genetics. Frequency can be as high as
one in 100 gametes. Can be much lower, depends on distance from
cenetrenome (sp?) center point of gene it is located on. Need a lot of
offspring to determine what frequency is for this gene. For plicata
gene the frequency is 1 in 100

Chuck Chapman