Re: HYB: question - pigment

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: question - pigment
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 06:14:44 -0400

Thanks Chuck - screwy plants <g>

The photo I posted doesn't show the color very well - it looks the usual
orangey yellow that isn't tangerine.  But in real life, it had a
definite peach (pink) tone.  I hadn't noticed the beard until it was
nearly finished blooming & I was about to rip it out (...who needs
another pale yellow, small flowered iris with 1930s form!).  & was too
busy (plus the kitchen too much of a major mess) to do extraction. But
there might be one bloom left.

I haven't bloomed 100 seedlings from HoM yet, but there will be close to
that many planted by this summer.  Most crosses so far have been with
pinks (not expecting pink, just avoiding white and blue), & will keep an
eye out for more with pinkish to check.
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links