Re: TB: Really Old White NOID

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Really Old White NOID
  • From: Carlos Ayento brightonparkiris@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 06:34:33 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings Thomas,
You said that your dad's great-grandmother had given it to him?  That would me that your great grandmother must have grown it since the mid 1800s.  There aren't that many irises from around that period, especially white ones.  Its form suggest something from the 1930s perhaps.  The one possibility I can think of right now would be GUDRUN, but the the falls on GUDRUN are more rounded than yours.  Another possibility might be ARGENTINA, by W. Mohr, 1923, but the yellow hafts on ARGENTINA are much more of a vibrant yellow than yours.  I'll have to search my old catalog books.
Brighton Park Iris