Re: PHOTO: Camera changing color of QUICKEN ...

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] PHOTO: Camera changing color of QUICKEN ...
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 10:24:36 -0700

To some extent we have the same problems with cameras that we had
(still have) with film. For instance, Kodak Ectachrome almost always
had a bluish tint to every picture. The way most people got around that
was to use a Sky Filter on the camera which filtered out some of the
blue light.

In regards to your camera, it may have a higher sensitivity to blue
light. Perhaps a filter would ease the problem. It will probably take a
little experimenting to figure out the best solution.

You might try searching the  iris@hort
(http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/) and iris-photos
(http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/) archives for "filter" to see
if you can come up with the filter number. I know it is in there

Also most digital cameras, by default, are set to auto
white-balance. In this mode, the camera tries to figure out what kind
of lighting
you have: sun, shady, cloudy, flourenscent
lights etc. The technical term is "color temperature".

  Most digial cameras also let you select between types of lighting.
Some cameras let you adjust the
white ballance by showing it something white before actually taking the

Another issue is that your monitor also has its own color
characteristics and what you see may not be what others see. You can
adjust your monitor, but you probably need some calibration equipment
or software to do it right.