Re: PHOTO: Camera changing color of QUICKEN ...

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] PHOTO: Camera changing color of QUICKEN ...
  • From: "Kent Appleberry" appleb@cut.net
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 20:02:58 -0000

As John said, cameras do colors differently.  I've been trying to figure out
my Photoshop program, so I tried to "fix" your shot with it.  Turned out to be
very easy to do this much.  (Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation>Blues>+18.)
This adjustment basically took the blues in the shot and shifted them more
toward the red (I think).

Color's tricky even without cameras to mess it up.  I was looking at the
little SDB sold to me as Yo Yo (but it probably isn't), and it looked purple
of the bluish sort.  My photo of it looked too red to me--I even went back
outside to make sure--so I shifted it to more blue and posted it here.  Then I
went outside again, where the light had changed, and the bloom now looked
quite reddish purple, just like in the original photo.  I often notice how
easily some colors seem to shift according to light conditions when I'm trying
to get a good fix on what color they really are.  Or maybe it's just me.

You might have good success with your camera's white balance adjustment, as
John suggested, but you'll probably just have to tweak in a photo editing
program sometimes.

Kent

La Vie En Rose Gardens <berni@la-vie-en-rose.ca> said:

> Why is my camera changing the colour of my QUICKEN from a purple to a
> blue??????
> My camera is a Casio EX-Z50 5.0 megapixels e/2X op. zoom
> Berni(ce)
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

> This e-mail has been scanned by Cut.Net Managed Email Content Service, using
Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on
Cut.Nets Content Service, visit http://www.cut.net

--

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM