Re: IRIS DEVELOPMENT: WHY DONT WE USE OTHER PLANT POLLEN FOR RA...

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] IRIS DEVELOPMENT: WHY DONT WE USE OTHER PLANT POLLEN FOR RA...
  • From: petalpusherpaul@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 06:28:41 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/2006 2:01:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, JBHPHD@BELLSOUTH.NET writes:
But who knows.  Maybe there is a chromosomal match between some iris and some pine trees. If so,  we would expect to see at least some of the iris develop needles and grow very, very tall.
Beautifully said....I originally noted the pollen because the flower looked dusty.  I can't clean it off, but yet the perfectionist in me can't waist the time digitally spotting each image to clean it up either.  The 'strange brew' referred to was the genetic mix within the flower that allowed this effect to manifest.....I'm grateful to James for a wonderful and clear resolution to the debate.....Here's another image of the flower that I originally wrote about......Paul Hill